What to expect during your initial consultation
The first people you will meet will be our friendly reception staff, who will ask you to complete a medical form. Please allow 5 – 10 minutes before your appointment time to come in and fill out the New Patient form, alternatively you can fill out the New Patient form on our website prior to your visit.
Dr Leo will give you a full oral assessment to help accurately plan which treatments would be best for the health of your mouth. During this examination he will be looking at:
- Teeth and the way you bite.
- Existing state of your filling, crowns etc.
- The health of your gums and bone around each tooth.
- Your tongue, throat, cheeks & lips for signs of oral cancer.
- Jaw joint evaluation, clicking noises or pain.
At Floss Dental, your Medibank preferred Broadway Dentist, we have the latest in Digital X-rays that have reduced radiation compared to conventional X-rays. Dental X-rays will also be taken as part of your initial consultation (updated every 2 years thereafter) to aid in diagnosis of decay and pathology;
- Bitewing X-rays will be taken to detect decay inside and between teeth.
- An OPG X-ray for assessment of any pathology in your jaw, infections of the roots of your teeth, teeth and root positions, and any bone loss.
Once the examination is complete, Dr Leo will discuss his findings with you. He will then provide all the available options for your dental needs; including all the benefits and risks of each procedure and the costings. Then together you will create a treatment plan that can be spaced over the desired time to fit in with your schedule.